Submitted by D. Scott Jones, CHC, Compliance Officer
- We hand patients discharge information that belongs to another patient.
- We fax patient information to the wrong number.
- Printed patient information is lost, dropped, or placed in trash cans.
- We comment about patients on social media like Facebook, Snapchat, or other platforms.
- Patient information is left in bed sheets and sent to laundry.
- Wrong patient information is entered into another patient’s record.
- We leave another patient’s information at bedside and it is read by the patient in that room.
- We send e-mail with patient PHI to personal e-mail addresses.
- We leave voice mail on the wrong patient’s answering device.
- We look up patient information for patients we are not treating.
- We leave patient PHI on unattended and unlocked computer screens.
These events are easily avoided!
Questions? Call your Compliance Team at x7455 or message email@example.com