As an Augusta Care Partners participating practice, you have the benefit of favorable scoring in Medicare’s Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). This special scoring, called the Alternative Payment Model Scoring Standard, and generates one MIPS score for our network. All participating practices will receive the same MIPS score based on our network’s performance in each of the MIPS reporting categories.
How we perform in MIPS will determine your Medicare reimbursement in 2019.
While Augusta Care Partners’ annual reporting satisfies the Quality, Improvement Activities, and Cost categories of MIPS, non-hospital based practices are required to submit their own Advancing Care Information data to CMS. Medicare uses your practice’s data to calculate an overall score for our network.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- There are two measure set options:
- Advancing Care Information Objectives & Measures (for EHRs certified to 2015)
- Advancing Care Information Transition Objectives & Measure (for EHRs certified to 2014 or 2015)
- Base Score measures are required.
- You must report data on a minimum of 90-days in 2017 through a QCDR, Qualified Registry, an EHR that is Certified EHR technology (CEHRT), or via attestation on the Quality Payment Program website (not yet available).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Verify your EHR vendor or registry’s capabilities before your chosen reporting period.
- If you believe you should qualify for a hardship exception, click here.
- Contact your EHR vendor or registry directly to verify their reporting deadlines & confirm that they will be able to report your data to CMS or provide you with the reports necessary to attest via the Quality Payment Program website.
- Submit your group’s data to CMS by March 31, 2018.