Tobacco Screening & Cessation Reminder / Change
- Please remember to screen for tobacco use, not just smoking.
- We are now scored on whether teaching was done at the most recent visit where there is documentation of current tobacco usage.
- Cessation teaching must be done by the provider at every visit where it is documented that the patient is a current tobacco user. THIS IS A CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS.
Depression Screening & Follow Up Plan
- The screening must be referenced in your Assessment & Plan and noted to be “positive” or “negative.”
- For negative screenings, it is acceptable to simply state that the screening is negative.
- For positive screenings, a follow-up plan must be documented.
Questions? Contact Janell Sauder, Quality Improvement Nurse Coordinator, at email@example.com or (540) 245-7564.