Augusta Care Partners participates in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) as a Track 1 Accountable Care Organization (ACO). Track 1 ACO participating practices (like yours!) will be assessed under MIPS using the Alternative Payment Model (APM) Scoring Standard.
While Augusta Care Partners’ annual reporting satisfies the Quality and Improvement Activities categories of MIPS, non-hospital based practices are required to submit their own Advancing Care Information category data to CMS. Medicare will use your practice’s data to calculate an overall score for our network.
Here are some key points about ACI reporting from a recent CMS news release:
HOW to Report
Practices have several options for reporting ACI data: attestation using the Quality Payment Portal (functionality coming soon!), through a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) / Qualified Registry, or via the practice’s Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Data submission begins January 2, 2018 via the QPP Portal.
- ACO practices are required to report ACI as a group for MIPS.
- Practices can aggregate their data by adding together the numerators and denominators from certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) for each provider and rolling them up to one report at the practice level.
Once the QPP goes live, there will be a new sign-in button in the upper right corner of the QPP Portal. After you sign-in, the QPP will give you the option to submit your practice’s ACI data.
WHAT to Report
Your practice must meet the following requirements to earn a score for the ACI performance category:
- Submit a performance period (minimum 90 days)
- Submit a Yes for each of the 3 health information exchange and prevention of information blocking attestation statements
- Fulfill, at a minimum, the base score measures